Group of Microscopic fungi or yeast known as Candida albicans is the major cause of yeast infection. It normally strikes the vaginal region but can as well grow underneath skin folds, under the breasts, nail beds, lower abdomen, and around dentures.
Aspects that augment the danger of a vaginal yeast infection are:
- Utilization of antibiotics, corticosteroids, or even both
- Use of hormonal prophylactics or prophylactic devices
- Being immunocompromised
- Uncontrolled polygenic disease
- Itching, burning sensation, or irritation of the vagina or vulva the adjoining tissue
- Pain or discomfort in the vagina/the vaginal gap
- Burning sensation in the vagina during urination or intercourse
- A chunky, white, unscented discharge, or a runny discharge
- Skin complaints
Below mentioned are a few home remedies which will give relief from pain and itching as well as cure your infection.
Yogurt has friendly bacteria which restrain the increase of yeast.
- Soak a cotton ball in yogurt
- Apply all over the infected area.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes
- Clean with water.
Caprylic acid and 2 more chain fatty acids in coconut oil kill Candida albicans.
- Soak a cotton ball in coconut oil.
- Wipe the infected region gently with coconut oil soaked cotton ball.
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day.
Extract of grapefruit seed
Grapefruit seed extract with its natural antibiotic plus anti-fungal attributes and an extensive variety of pathogens kills the yeast.
- Take two cups of clean water and add five to ten drops of grapefruit seed extract.
- Shake the mix in such a way that the grapefruit seed extract dissolves completely in it.
- Wash the region of your vagina which is infected with this water.
- You can as well soak a cotton ball in this water and use it in the infected region.
- Do it daily for 3 days.
There are a lot of essential oils that have potent antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. You can prepare a concoction using some essential oils together with a carrier oil to get instant relief from your yeast infection.
- Mix 2-3 drops of Tea tree oil, 2-3 drops of Cinnamon oil, 2-3 drops of Oregano oil, 2-3 drops of Peppermint oil, 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to 2 tbsp of Grapeseed oil which is the carrier oil.
- Store this combo in a bottle.
- By means of a dropper or even a soaked cotton ball, use this oil on the infected region.
- Leave it there for few minutes.
- Clean with a dirt-free soft cloth.
Repeat this procedure two times in a day.