What is Anal Itching?
Anal itching (also called pruritus ani) is a common health issues that can strike at any age. It affects both men and women, but seems to be more frequent among older adults than at earlier ages, especially after age 30.
What causes Anal Itching?
Many people believe that fecal soilage and poor hygiene can cause anal itching. People are also more likely to have this skin problem if they have diarrhea or seepage.
Other medical causes which are accounted for the anal itching include:
– Food allergies
– A small crack in the lining of the anus (also known as anal fissures)
– Anal cancer
– Infections that are transmitted during sex
– Skin tight clothing
– Yeast infections of the skin
Common Signs and Symptoms of Anal Itching
Occasionally, the anal itching is interpreted by the patient as burning and soreness. Other common signs and symptoms are:
– Itching of the skin around the anus
– A burning sensation
If you are suffering from an anal itching then this can cause an embarrassing and uncomfortable situation.
You might be surprised by how effective it is to use natural treatments to get rid of this problem. However, if your symptoms persist or get worse you should go to see your doctor immediately.
Here are the best home remedies for anal itching which can be tried easily at home.
1, Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar should be the first choice for treating anal itching naturally and fast. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, this vinegar can be useful to fight off fungal infections. In addition, apple cider vinegar is also effective at reducing the spread of infections which is responsible for anal itching .
– Add one or two tablespoons of pure apple cider vinegar into a glass of warm water
– Stir it well
– Drink this solution slowly
– Repeat this treatment twice a day until you feel better.
– After filling your tub with warm water, add 200ml – 300ml apple cider vinegar into it.
– Soak in this bathwater for at least 15 minutes
– You should use this remedy only once a day
Garlic has been used so widely to get rid of skin conditions from the inside out, including anal itching. The components present in it can help remove fecal soilage – the main causes of this condition. Moreover, packed with the antibacterial as well as antifungal properties, garlic is extremely effective at fighting any kind of bacterial infection.
– All you need to do is consuming 2 or 3 cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach in the morning. You should repeat this home remedy once a day at least seven days to get the best results.
– Boil 500ml milk and add 1 – 2 crushed garlic cloves into it
– Drink this solution once a day for seven days straight
3, Coconut Oil
Hundreds of studies have suggested that coconut oil contains the antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can help ease symptoms of anal itching effectively and fast. Plus, this essential oil also can help expel worms and parasites due to certain special substances.
– Consume 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil every day. You can also use coconut oil to cook instead of eating directly.
– Warm some coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 minutes
– Dip a cotton ball in it and then squeeze out excess oil
– Place this cotton ball on the affected area several times daily until the symptoms disappear.
Yogurt is one of the simplest ways to treat anal itching that you should try at home at least once in your life. However, you must know that not all yogurts have equal benefits. For removing anal itching, you need to choose probiotic yogurt which contains live active bacteria cultures. Regular consumption of this yogurt can help prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, resulting in getting rid of anal itching quickly and safely. The plain and unsweetened probiotic yogurt is the best choice.
– Gently spread a teaspoon of plain yogurt on your affected skin
– Leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water
– Repeat this natural remedy once a day to get the best results.
5, Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera can provide various benefits and help you in the treatment of many health issues, including anal itching. It contains the soothing and calming properties which can temporarily relieve pain, burning, and itching. Plus, Aloe Vera is extremely effective at reducing irritation for people who are experiencing hemorrhoid.
– Extract the gel by cutting the thick portion of the Aloe Vera leaf
– Directly rub the gel onto your affected skin for about 3 – 5 minutes
– Rinse it off with warm water
– Use this natural treatment twice a day until you notice a difference.
Due to the anti-irritating, anti-inflammatory, oatmeal is also considered one of the most effective methods for removing anal itching. In addition, it also contains soothing properties which can help alleviate burning and itching sensations fast and safely.
– After filling your tub with warm water, add one or two cups of oatmeal into it
– Soak in this solution for no more than 20 minutes.
– Repeat this home remedy for anal itching once a day until you feel better
According to a 2002 study, licorice is rich in phytoestrogens which can help strengthen your body’s detoxification as well as reduce itchy, burning skin without any side effects.
– Mix three teaspoons of liquorice root powder with rind of chebulic myrobalan and cardamom.
– Roast this mixture for 2 – 4 minutes
– Crush and grind them into a fine paste or powder.
– Combine ¼ teaspoon of this powder and ½ teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water.
– Drink this solution twice a day
What is Anal Itching?