A mucous cyst is also known as a mucocele and it is a fluid-filled swelling that occurs on the lower lips, tongue, inside the chin and roof of the mouth. It occurs normally when the salivary glands become injured or blocked. The common cause of mucocele is that trauma to the mouth. They are temporary if we take the right precautions and medicines otherwise it remains permanent and create a problem in our eating thing.
The main reason of Mucous Cyst are:
- Cheek biting during stress
- Piercings of lips
- accidental rupture of a salivary gland
- adjacent teeth causing chronic damage
- lip biting continuously
Mostly People have a bad habit of lip biting, cheek biting and they do not take proper dental hygiene which causes the risks of developing mucous cysts increases. It is most common in people ages between 10 to 25 years (including male and female).
Due to mucous cyst we feel discomfort in chewing, speaking and swallowing of food. It is usually in rounded shape and its color are bluish or whitish. However, there are many simple home remedies available that can reduce the and accelerate the healing process of mucous cysts.
Before applying any remedies, you should always have to check out by a doctor to rule out serious conditions.
Use the Best Home Remedies for Mucous Cyst:
- Water: You should take more and more water because the mucocele problem normally occurs less use of water. It is necessary to drink clean and cool water in whole day.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is one of the most effective home remedy which helps in the treatment of mucocele. It is a clear, odorless liquid with sweet taste and it is mostly used in the moisturizing.
It is made up of animal fat and vegetable oil. Its antiseptic and healing properties kills the microbes and stop the infection.
- Use it in the affected area and leave for few minutes and after sometime rinse your mouth with water and feel good.
- Repeat it 2-3 times in a day and get rid of this problem.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has bioactive compound, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory medicine properties which is used in the treatment of various problem including mucous cysts.
- Add 1 turmeric powder, and some milk and create a paste. Apply this paste to the affected areas and wait for 30 minutes, then rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it 2-3 times daily in a day.
- You can use fresh turmeric juice also.
- Honey: Honey contains flavonoids and antioxidants which help in the treatment of dangerous disease. It reduce the ulcer, gastrointestinal disorders and mucocele problem. The relaxing and anti-inflammatory nature of honey provide the relief in the pain and inflammation. It has antibacterial properties which prevent infection.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of honey and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix well. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it 15-20minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it 2-3 times in a day
- Apply only honey on the affected area before going to sleep at night.
- Salt: You can use the salt in the treatment of mucocele because it has healing properties and removes the mucocele fasts and reduces the pain and inflammation in the affected areas.
- Add ½ tablespoon of salt in 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Use the solution as a mouthwash and repeat it 3-4 times in a day.
- Ice: Ice is one of the most effective remedies to treat a mucocele and it numb the pain and irritation on the affected areas.
- Use a thin washcloth and wrap it with few ice cubes and gently apply on the affected areas for 1 minute to get instant relief.
- Repeat it a few times in a day according to need.
- Aloe Vera: It is also an effective plant which is used in the treatment of mucocele. It has anti-inflammatory and relaxing properties that helps you to get instant relief in the treatment of mucocele. It treats the existing mucocele as well as prevents the recurrence of this cysts.
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and peel it to get gel and apply this gel in the affected area. Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Repeat it 3-4 times in a day
- You can use Aloe Vera Juice as a mouthwash.