Low Blood pressure also known as hypotension is a medical condition that can be a result of changing breathing rhythm, physical condition, stress level, medications or the kind of diet. Low blood pressure can cause a lot of complications in the body like weakness, dizziness and even heart and brain damage. Low BP can also be a result of some medical conditions like pregnancy, heart problems, endocrine problems, dehydration, blood loss, severe infection, severe allergic reaction and lack of nutrients in the diet or due to some medications like Diuretics, Alpha and Beta blockers, antidepressants, doxepin.
A sudden fall in blood pressure can be a dangerous condition thus it is important to know how to control low blood pressure naturally. Below are some home health tips lower blood pressure can be treated with:
- Salt Water: Salt has sodium that increases blood pressure thus salt water is a wonderful home remedy and a great low BP treatment at home that increases blood pressure. But this treatment is for mild condition and should not be overdone as excess salt can prove unhealthy. All one has to do is mix half teaspoon of salt in a glass of water and consume it.
- Coffee: One of the popular remedies for low blood pressure is having a cup of strong coffee or any other caffeinated beverage. Coffee temporarily increases the blood pressure especially when dealing with orthostatic hypotension. But this should be made into a habit because caffeine has adverse effects on health in long term.
- Raisins: If you are thinking of how to raise low blood pressure naturally then raisins could be a traditional Ayurvedic answer. Raisins are considered excellent for treating hypotension. Simply soak a few raisins in a cup of water overnight and eat them in morning empty stomach.
- Beetroot Juice Raw beetroot juice is helpful in dealing with high as well as low blood pressure. For hypotension, drink a cup of beetroot juice twice daily for about one week. Other natural fruit juices are also considered helpful in this regard.
- Carrot Juice: Beginning your day with a glass of fresh carrot juice with a little honey is what helps low blood pressure naturally. It is an easy way to treat the condition. Drink a glass of carrot juice with 2 tspn honey twice daily to get relief from hypotension.
- Lemon Juice Lemon juice is a highly effective and quick low BP remedy especially when the condition is caused by dehydration. Mix some lemon juice with a little salt and sugar to energize your body and to stimulate the liver function. A glass of sugarcane juice with a teaspoon of salt and lemon juice is also useful.
Although the above low blood pressure remedies quickly provide relief yet in severe cases, it is important to take the patient to the doctor or the condition can cause serious damage to the body. Some prescription drugs are helpful in extreme conditions but as long as the condition is in control with the above simple remedies, you are good to go.